Thursday, March 7, 2013

Random Encounter Status (a pdf)

Alright, blogger, you want to make it difficult to upload pdfs. Well, here is me trying anyway. I'll set up a download section pretty soon.

And for now I'll try and give anyone interested the png of yesterdays post into a free pdf. It is here.

Also of importance (or how I'll handle this in the future...)

After some research, I decided to go with scribd for the pdf storage. Seems simple enough (Edit 1: Changed it to dropbox...). I also checked into Creative Commons and decided to go with it for stuff I put some actual work into. So relevant pdfs will have The Sign:


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

4 comments:

  1. I would suggest NOT going with Scribd.com. They don't play nice.

    After a few months, you stuff goes behind a paywall-like structure: either a downloader has to upload to download your material, or they have to pay to access it. And you don't get a cut.

    So, you are better off setting up a Dropbox or Box.com account for your PDF hosting needs.

    Also--thanks for the PDF! Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus f***ing Ch***t, thanks for the heads up!

    Need to curse a little bit more in the solitude of my bedroom...

    Oh, the humanity! :(

    Box.com makes my shockwave player cry and piss himself. Never managed to download anything. Alright, I switch it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks from me too. I'm both surprised and not that Scribd would do that. It seems playing nice often plays second fiddle to the bottom line. Take your time to find another though - if you have a few months there's no hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I'll go with dropbox for now. Didn't detect any traps, it's easy to handle, has nice presentation of the pdf and 2 GB are free to share (would really take me a while to fill that up). In the long run I might switch to Google Drives or whatever ze internet comes up with next...

    Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I really appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete

Recent developments made it necessary to moderate posts again. Sorry about that, folks.